What is the future of the mobile and touch-based consumer web experience? On the Mosaic project at Aol I helped envision an entirely new product and was responsible for managing user research to validate our product ideas. Mosaic is a next-generation consumer dashboard designed to create continuity for consumers across a variety of devices and platforms. Mosaic uses responsively designed HTML5 to present a dashboard of Tiles for various consumer services. The Mosaic dashboard gives you a glance at your entire digital life from any of your browser-enabled devices.
I helped establish an integrated design and engineering team, and an iterative approach to design and requirements, with constant usability testing and validating of our hypotheses with target users, to ensure an end product designed to address real-world user needs. In effect I implemented a “Lean startup” product development method within a large company where this had not been feasible before.
My role on this project:
- Help shape product concept and user experience requirements
- Wireframe designs for information architecture and user interaction
- Collaborate with designers on user interface
- Qualitative user research, usability testing, and reporting
- Quantitative usage analytics, requirements and reporting