The problem with the Moviefone mobile site was that the editorial content blog featured on the homepage was not resulting in much user engagement.
Upon taking ownership of the product, I collaborated with the iOS app design team and leveraged the unique advantage of mobile to re-envision and re-define the Moviefone mobile site as (mainly) a location-based tool for finding local movies and theaters using filters for time and distance windows (e.g., show me movies playing nearby within the next hour, two hours, etc.).
This resulted in greatly improved use of the mobile site, increased unique users and page views, and better ability for our marketing and sales teams to monetize the product.
My role on this project:
- Redefine product
- User experience requirements
- Information architecture for user experience
- Collaborate with visual designers
- Specs for engineering
- Project estimation and roadmap
- Manage design and development process to launch
- Work with marketing to plan announcement
Go to Project