The challenge of putting the MTV Music Meter on Samsung interactive TVs was one of both building for an entirely new, innovative and loosely documented platform, and of creating a positive user experience with the very limited interaction and input capability of a TV remote control.
I managed production from inception to launch, created wireframes for information architecture connecting app to complex data-content backend, including content licensing detections and procedures, wireframed the basic user interface and the user experience and interaction constrained to a TV remote control, resulting in a very easy-to-use product for end users.
My role on this project:
- Organize business requirements and goals with executives
- User research and defining product UX requirements
- Design IA and UI wireframes to envision user experience
- Collaborate with visual designers
- Technical specs for engineering
- Project estimation and planning
- Manage design and development process to launch
The MTV Music Meter is a daily list of artists trending right now. Discover these artists and others like them through audio samples, photos, recent tweets, news articles, and bios. Or chart your own discovery path by searching through over 1 million artists.
Also launched for iOS on iTunes
Go to Project